January 06, 2013

melaque

This Christmas I joined my extended family in Mexico before heading back to Montreal.  It was so nice to spend time with family I don't see often anymore, and I love hanging out with my aunts, uncles, cousins + their babies.  Mexico was wonderful, lots of adventure and delicious eating.  
I picked up the most beautiful rug - hand dyed, spindled, and woven by one family.  They were even telling me about all the plants and bugs they collect to make their amazing dyes.
I'm feeling ready to go back to school now, rested and with barely a sunburn.

1 comment:

  1. lissa, this looks amazing!! lucky you! :)

    that shot of the "twin sunset" (3rd from the bottom) is amazing. i'd love to have a copy, if you're up for printing one? (obv i'd send you some $ for it, haha!) it's just so...perfectly summer! <3

    i can't wait to see your rug....!

    ReplyDelete