December 03, 2013

linen tea towels

This year I decided to make things easy on myself and just tackle one, fairly simple Christmas craft.  And who doesn't need new tea towels once and a while?

We used the instructions in Made By Hand, although ended up altering the process slightly because we used dollar store glue and it was as terrible as you'd imagine.  I bought a few meters of natural linen, cut it into rectangles and hemmed the sides, then Seb and I spent a lovely wine-filled evening stamping them.  They are incredibly unevenly printed, but I love how they turned out.  I wish I had photographed them before shipping more out - we had triangles, sticks, and all these great patterns that I didn't want to give away!

Highly recommended as a holiday project - other than the hemming we did the whole thing in a really fun and relaxed evening.

1 comment:

  1. These towels are looking awesome. People are nowadays are using linen towels for the best comfort. How ever are these cheap?

    ReplyDelete