December 03, 2011

happy december!

Happy December everyone!  I can't believe it's already the 3rd - so much for starting my advent calendar on time.  So we'll start today.

I think instead of my usual stick-to-one-idea format, I'll just attempt to include a little DIY every day (this includes cooking, because trust me, that happens the least).  We'll see how this goes!  Turn up the Bing!  Get yer holiday cheer on!

I'm going to share my all-time favourite pancake recipe, (seriously, I've made them twice this week) from the one and only Anne Churchill:

2 cups yoghurt
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
Combine these and set aside
1/3 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
Mix dry, blend into wet
1 cup blueberries (or whatever you have around), lightly powdered in flour to stop sticking

Fry up on the griddle!

1 comment: