January 30, 2012

dairy & sugar free cookies

I have found them!  Cookies I can eat!  Dairy free, sugar free, sugar substitute free, and AMAZING.  Like, so delicious I've eaten almost all of them....I'll share the recipe and my modifications, because y'all have to try them.  They are crunchy, moist, full of flavour, and not that bad for you.

Carrot Walnut Cookies:
(modified from wholefoods' recipe)

1 cup raw chopped walnuts
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup raisins, dried cranberries (what I used), or any other dried fruit (might try apricots?)
1/2 cup flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon (I used a bit more)
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 carrots, grated
1 apple, grated (I used a sweeter red apple)
1 banana, peeled and mashed (could definitely substitute an egg here.  I wasn't sure if they would need the sweetness, but they are plenty sweet)
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce

-mix all dry ingredients, add the grated carrot and apple, add the banana and apple sauce!
-form into balls, flatten a bit with fork
-cook at 350F for 20-25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment