March 28, 2012

lemon earl grey cookies

If you've ever spent time in our kitchen, you know that there is an almost permanent pot of lady grey tea brewing.  We drink tea constantly, and always the lady.  If you haven't had the pleasure, lady Grey is earl Grey's more citrus-y wife.  Works with or without milk, hot, lukewarm or cold, it is always good.

I'm not sure were I saw them originally, but last night I became determined to make lemon earl grey cookies.  And they are delicious!  I'll share the recipe, since I had to improvise a bit from this one to make them dairy and refined sugar free.  Here's what I made:

Lemony Earl Grey Cookies:

1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup honey
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp earl grey tea, ground  (this was a total misreading of the 2 tbsp recommended, but I love how strongly of tea they taste)
1 cup margarine
2 tsp vanilla


Mix all together, roll into small balls and flatten.  Bake for 10 minutes at 375. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I have to make these immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so strange - elaina, both satomi and I thought we had originally heard of them from you, I even searched your blog for a recipe! Yeah, I'm trying to control how many I eat...at least they are small

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank for the recipe. Those look and sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete